Les SlovaKs dance collective
- Premiere: 02/10/2012 Hellerau, Dresden
- Choreography and dance by Les SlovaKs Dance Collective: Milan Herich, Anton Lachky, Milan Tomasik, Peter Jasko, Martin Kilvady
- Music: Simon Thierrée
- Set design: Les SlovaKs Dance Collective, Joris De Bolle
- Lighting design: Joris De Bolle
- Costume design: Mat Voorter, Pepa Martinez
- Technical director: Joris De Bolle
- Technician: Jan Meuwissen
- Production: PHILEAS PRODUCTIONS (Belgium)
- Promotion: SEVENTYSEVEN, Bram Smeyers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coproduction: Kaaitheater (Belgium), Teatre Mercat de les Flors (Spain), Hellerau – European Center for the Arts Dresden (Germany), NorrlandsOperan AB (Sweden)
- With the support of the Flemish Community
- Partner: DCJ – Danscentrum Jette (Belgium), Pulsar–Ensemble Dir. Steven Decraene
Fragments is the third work, that came out of the “Les SlovaKs craftsmanshop”.
The premise of the piece was to work with an existing music. For one part, their long time collaborator, composer Simon Thierree wrote an original piece in four movements, performed by a string orchestra of 40 musicians. As a counter point Les SlovsKs decided to present yet another side of their background and intertwined Thierree’s composition with the selection of songs “Retro 50’s-80″s” from a renowned slovak singer Melania Ollaryova. The five creators choreographed with a close listening to the diverse musical proposition. Working as a team during the rehearsals, they rotated the roles as performers and directors. They crafted each separate part into the complete life movie scene, dance piece or a theater act. Without any boundaries of style, they managed to construct the worlds, that pop up into the fullness as soon the first moments of the scene unroll. The show is entertaining, full of skilled dancing, very expressive, humorous and touching, sparkled with references that disappear as soon the spectator tries to grab them.